The Coral Defenders are a Bathysmal Vishap Herd, a Normal Boss challenge located under Dainichi Mikoshi in Enkanomiya. The herd consists of a particularly powerful Bolteater Bathysmal Vishap and Rimebiter Bathysmal Vishap. In order to challenge the Coral Defenders, the player must have completed The Subterranean Trials of Drake and Serpent World Quest.
- 1 Description
- 2 Rewards
- 3 Stats
- 4 Abilities and Attacks
- 5 Strategy
- 6 Video Guides
- 7 Gallery
- 8 With Sleet and Storm
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Other Languages
- 11 Change History
- 12 Navigation
A powerful group of Bathysmal Vishaps.
They have been specifically bred and selected by the people of Enkanomiya, which has given them their exceptional strength. Of course, no vishap would consider this some sort of debt to be repaid.
The strongest members of the herd can use different elements, which they wield as a show of their hatred.In-game description from the Adventurer Handbook
Coral Defenders offers the following Artifact Sets.
Rewards and difficulty increase with Adventure Rank (AR).
|2||41||200||3,650||30||Previous Rewards +
|4||62||200||4,125||35||Previous Rewards +
|6||83||200||4,725||40||Previous Rewards +
Artifact drop ranges are primarily sourced from the Genshin Data Gathering team.
Abilities and Attacks
Attack names are unofficial except for Cleansing Shower.
- Cleansing Shower: Forms an orb within their mouth and launches it at the player. On hit, the orb deals minor AoE Cryo DMG or AoE Electro DMG and drains 30 Energy from the active character. If the active character has less than 30 Energy, the rest of the drain is converted to True DMG which ignores shields. This drain appears to scale the less HP the current character has.
- Spike Field: One of the vishaps plugs its tail into the ground, creating a large field, within which ice shards or Electro energy frequently spike from the ground at random locations, dealing Cryo DMG or Electro DMG.
- If both vishaps are on the arena, only one of them can use the Spike Field attack. The Bolteater Vishap will not use this attack until the Rimebiter Vishap reaches critical health.
- Spinning Sweep: Curls up and quickly spins, dealing AoE Cryo DMG or AoE Electro DMG..
- Leap: Leaps to reposition, dealing AoE Physical DMG upon landing.
- Critical Assist: After Double Beams, the vishap at critical health jumps into nearby water and swims around the arena, and periodically launches waves of 3 shards that home towards the player, dealing Cryo DMG or Electro DMG on hit.
- Rapid Fire: The vishaps connect their tails and fire a barrage of alternating Cryo and Electro shards at the player, dealing Cryo DMG or Electro DMG, possibly triggering the Superconduct reaction.
- Double Beams: Once one of the vishaps reaches critical health, both vishaps join their tails at the center of the arena, forms a circular field below them that deals AoE Cryo DoT and AoE Electro DoT simultaneously, and each fires a laser beam from its mouth, raking across the arena, dealing Cryo DMG or Electro DMG and destroying all walls in the process.
- Slash Combo: If the player is within melee range, the Rimebiter Vishap performs 2 horizontal slashes followed by a downward smash, dealing Physical DMG with each hit.
- Assist: If a wall is intact, the Bolteater Vishap climbs up a wall and repeatedly launches Cleansing Shower orbs at the player. Orbs launched this way have the same Energy or HP draining effects, although with a minor homing property and a slower travel speed.
- Destroying the wall will cause the vishap to fall, temporarily incapacitating it.
- Homing Shards: The Bolteater Vishap forms an orb at the tip of its tail, which then transforms into three shards that home towards the player at high speed, dealing Electro DMG.
Dodging attacks or having characters with high energy recharge is beneficial for this fight as having low energy can prove to be fatal if the player cannot dodge their Cleaning Shower attacks. In order to end the encounter, both vishaps' health must be fully depleted.
At the start of the fight, the vishaps will first use Cleansing Shower simultaneously, Leap to the other side of the arena, and use Rapid Fire.
After the starting sequence, the Bolteater will jump up a nearby wall and enter Assist mode, spewing energy-draining orbs as its only attack while the Rimebiter alternates between Cleansing Shower, Spinning Sweep, and Spike Field. If the wall that the Bolteater is hung on is destroyed, the vishap will tumble onto the ground and be incapacitated for several seconds. Geo, claymore and plunging attacks are effective against the walls, but the player is likely to be in proximity of the Bolteater's attacks and lose most if not all of their energy if careless.
A safer method is to simply attack the Rimebiter while dodging or using tall Geo constructs on the Bolteater's attacks, as forcing the Rimebiter into the critical assist state will end the Bolteater's own assist state.
If all three walls are destroyed but both vishaps still have health or for a short period of time after the Bolteater recovers from its incapacitated state, they will both fight on foot and use their Cleansing Shower attacks, while the Rimebiter remains the only one that can use Spinning Sweep and Spike Field. They will also occasionally use Rapid Fire.
Upon one of the vishap's health being fully depleted, they will immediately leap to the center and perform Double Beams, after which the vishap at critical health will enter Critical Assist state. Double Beams will always go off before the vishaps can be killed should both vishaps' health fully deplete before the attack starts.
If the Rimebiter reaches critical health and the Bolteater remains, the Bolteater will gain the ability to use Homing Shards, Spinning Sweep, and Spike Field, along with its previous Cleansing Shower attack.
With Sleet and Storm
- Despite being a herd which would consist of numerous members, this challenge only consists of two boss enemies.
- The Coral Defenders are the only Normal Boss with their own battle music, consisting of a remix of Beats of Water Drops.
- The Coral Defenders are the only Normal Boss that lacks an archive entry. Rather, the Bolteater Bathysmal Vishap and Rimebiter Bathysmal Vishap have their own archive entries.
- If the Coral Defenders are killed with one of them in a Critical Assist state, the vishap in that state will simply disappear with no death animation played.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|English||Bathysmal Vishap Herd||—|
Shēnhǎi Lóngxī zhī Qún
|Bathysmal Vishap Herd|
Shēnhǎi Lóngxī zhī Qún
|Korean||심해 용 도마뱀 무리
Simhae Yong Domabaem Muri
|Abyssal Dragon-Lizard Herd|
|French||Protecteurs du corail||Coral Protectors|