The Coral Defenders (Bathysmal Vishap Herd) are a Normal Boss challenge found in Dainichi Mikoshi, Enkanomiya. The herd consists of a particularly powerful Bolteater Bathysmal Vishap and Rimebiter Bathysmal Vishap. In order to challenge the Coral Defenders, the player must have completed The Subterranean Trials of Drake and Serpent World Quest.
The blossom also offers the following Artifact Sets:
The cost of claiming the Trounce Blossom is Original Resin ×40.
Rewards and difficulty increase with Adventure Rank (AR).
At all World Levels, Coral Defenders rewards Adventure EXP ×200.
|2||41||3,650||144||30||Previous Rewards +
|4||62||4,125||166||35||Previous Rewards +
|6||83||4,725||189||40||Previous Rewards +
Artifact drop ranges are primarily sourced from the Genshin Data Gathering team.
Abilities and Attacks
Attack names are unofficial except for Cleansing Shower.
- Cleansing Shower: Forms an orb within their mouth and launches it at the player. On hit, the orb deals 5% ATK as Cryo DMG or Electro DMG and drains 30 Energy from the active character. If the active character has less than 30 Energy, the rest of the drain is converted to HP Loss.
- The HP Loss is calculated as:
- The HP Loss is calculated as:
- Spike Field: One of the vishaps plugs its tail into the ground, creating a large field, within which ice shards or Electro Energy frequently spike from the ground at random locations, dealing 60% ATK as AoE Cryo DMG or AoE Electro DMG. If a player is within the field, a spike will appear at the player's exact location every 2 seconds up to three times.
- If both vishaps are on the arena, only the Rimebiter Vishap can use the Spike Field attack. The Bolteater Vishap will not use this attack until the Rimebiter Vishap reaches critical health.
- Spinning Sweep: Curls up and quickly spins, dealing 30% ATK * 2 as AoE Cryo DMG or AoE Electro DMG.
- Homing Shards: Shoots three shards from the tip of their tails, which home towards the player at high speed, dealing 30% ATK, 15% ATK, 7.5% ATK respectively as Cryo DMG or Electro DMG.
- Leap: Leaps to reposition, dealing AoE Physical DMG upon landing.
- Critical Assist: After Double Beams, the vishap at critical health jumps into nearby water and swims around the arena, and periodically launches waves of 3 shards that home towards the player, dealing 30% ATK, 15% ATK, 7.5% ATK respectively as Cryo DMG or Electro DMG on hit.
- Rapid Fire: The vishaps connect their tails and fire a barrage of alternating Cryo and Electro shards at the player, each dealing 20% ATK or 10% ATK as Cryo DMG or Electro DMG.
- Double Beams: Once one of the vishaps reaches critical health, both vishaps join their tails at the center of the arena, forms a circular field below them that randomly and rapidly deals 100% ATK, 50% ATK, 25% ATK, 10% ATK as AoE Cryo DoT and AoE Electro DoT simultaneously, and each fires a laser beam from its mouth, raking across the arena, randomly and rapidly dealing 100% ATK, 50% ATK, 25% ATK, 10% ATK as Cryo DMG or Electro DMG to players caught in the beam and destroying all walls in the process.
- Slash Combo: If the player is within melee range, the Rimebiter Vishap performs 2 horizontal slashes followed by a downward smash, dealing 30% ATK, 50% ATK, 80% ATK respectively as Physical DMG with each hit.
- Assist: If a wall is intact, the Bolteater Vishap climbs up a wall and repeatedly launches Cleansing Shower orbs at the player. Orbs launched this way have the same Energy or HP draining effects, although with a minor homing property and a slower travel speed.
- Destroying the wall will cause the vishap to fall, temporarily incapacitating it.
In the Spiral Abyss, the Coral Defenders lose the Assist and Critical Assist attacks, but gain the following ability:
- Revival: A visible link connects the two Vishaps. If one Vishap's HP reaches 0 and the other Vishap is not defeated within the next 10 seconds, the defeated Vishap will be revived with 40% of its Max HP.
Dodging attacks or having characters with high Energy Recharge is beneficial for this fight as having low Energy can prove to be fatal if the player cannot dodge their Cleansing Shower attacks. In order to end the encounter, both vishaps' health must be fully depleted.
At the start of the fight, the vishaps will first use Cleansing Shower simultaneously, Leap to the other side of the arena, and use Rapid Fire.
After the starting sequence, the Bolteater will jump up a nearby wall and enter Assist state, spewing Energy-draining orbs as its only attack while the Rimebiter alternates between Cleansing Shower, Spinning Sweep, and Spike Field. If the wall that the Bolteater is hung on is destroyed, the vishap will tumble onto the ground and be incapacitated for several seconds. Blunt Attacks are effective against the walls. Note that while in close proximity of the Bolteater, the player may be easily struck by its Energy-draining attacks if careless.
Alternatively, simply attack the Rimebiter while dodging or using tall Geo Constructs to block the Bolteater's attacks, as forcing the Rimebiter into the Critical Assist state will end the Bolteater's Assist state.
If all three walls are destroyed but both vishaps still have health or for a short period of time after the Bolteater recovers from its incapacitated state, they will both fight on foot and use their Cleansing Shower attacks, while the Rimebiter remains the only one that can use Spinning Sweep and Spike Field. They will also occasionally use Rapid Fire.
Upon one of the vishap's health being fully depleted, they will immediately leap to the center and perform Double Beams, after which the vishap at critical health will enter Critical Assist state.
If the Rimebiter reaches critical health and the Bolteater remains, the Bolteater will gain the ability to use Homing Shards, Spinning Sweep, and Spike Field, along with its previous Cleansing Shower attack.
With Sleet and Storm
2 Achievements match the category selection:
|Swimming Prohibited||Challenger: Series V||Defeat the Bathysmal Vishap Herd without allowing them to dive into the water.||5|
|Hard Landing||Wonders of the World||Bring a climbing Bathysmal Vishap down.||5|
- Despite being a herd which would consist of numerous members, this challenge only consists of two boss enemies.
- The Coral Defenders are the only Normal Boss with their own battle music, consisting of a remix of Beats of Water Drops.
- The Coral Defenders are the only Normal Boss that lacks an archive entry. Rather, the Bolteater Bathysmal Vishap and Rimebiter Bathysmal Vishap have their own archive entries.
- If the Coral Defenders are killed with one of them in a Critical Assist state, the vishap in that state will simply disappear with no death animation played.
- The walls in the boss fight used for skills such as Assist are considered Geo Constructs.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|English||Bathysmal Vishap Herd||—|
Shēnhǎilóngxī zhī Qún
|Bathysmal Vishap Herd|
Shēnhǎilóngxī zhī Qún
Abisaru Vishappu no Mure
|Abyssal Vishap Herd|
|Korean||심해 용 도마뱀 무리|
Simhae Yong Domabaem Muri
|Abyssal Dragon-Lizard Herd|
|Spanish||Manada de Dragartos de las Profundidades||Herd of Dragards of the Depths[• 1]|
|French||Harde d'Élémentosaures abyssaux||Abyssal Elementosaurus Herd|
|Russian||Стая вишапов глубин|
Staya vishapov glubin
|Thai||Bathysmal Vishaps Herd||—|
|Vietnamese||Đàn Rồng Biển Sâu||Deep Sea Dragon Herd|
|German||Tiefsee-Drachenechsen-Herde||Deep Sea Dragon-Lizard Herd|
|Indonesian||Bathysmal Vishaps Herd||—|
|Portuguese||Bando de Dragartos das Profundezas|
- Spanish: Dragarto is a portmanteau of dragón "dragon" and lagarto "lizard."