Cross-play between the PC, Mobile (iOS and Android), and PS4 platforms is possible as long as the players are on the same regional server (America, EU, or Asia).
Rules and Restrictions
Restrictions for starting Co-Op Mode:
- Players can only join worlds of players whose World Level and AR range is lower than or equal to their own.
- If an Archon Quest or Story Quest, or any quest that manipulates the world, is currently in progress, the player cannot participate in Co-Op. (Certain quests may temporarily re-enable Co-Op Mode in between steps.)
- If a quest is currently manipulating a host, and the host just finished, it will take a bit of time before they can be joined. The host logging out and back in should speed up the process.
- While Co-Op Mode is deactivated, any activity that requires entering the Co-Op screen — even if it can be played solo — cannot be started until Co-Op Mode is reactivated. (For example, the Fading Star challenge during Unreconciled Stars and Frostborn Miracle during The Chalk Prince and the Dragon.)
Rules during Co-Op Mode:
- If two players Co-Op together, each of them can choose two characters for the party and swap between them in combat like they can in solo. If three players co-op together, the host gets two characters while the others get one. With four players in Co-Op, each player gets one character to use in battle.
- Players can change their fielded character(s) through the Party Setup menu while not in combat.
- Enemies and enemy variation types scale with the number of players currently in the world.
While not a game rule, it is generally considered impolite to take limited resources, such as ores or certain mob spawns, without the host's permission. Some players refer to it as stealing.
Activities players can do in Co-Op:
- Domains and Ley Line Outcrops.
- When entering Domains (dungeons), characters within the party must be unique. (i.e. a visitor doing a domain with the host can't use Amber, if the host already has Amber in their party.)
- After completing Ley Line Outcrops, Domains, or boss challenges, each player may choose to revitalize the Petrified Tree or Ley Line Blossom by using Original Resin to receive individual rewards.
- Commissions. (daily quests, excluding the ability to pick up the daily bonus from completing all four commissions, if an NPC interaction is required then only the owner of the world may initiate the commission)
- World quests. (excluding Adventure Rank Ascension quests)
- Hunting and defeating monsters and bosses in the open world (excluding Stormterror).
- This includes defeating the Unusual Hilichurl.
- Collecting Resources.
- Some resources can be collected by all players in a co-op session, such as ore (excluding Cor Lapis) and dropped loot from Common Enemies and Elite Enemies.
- Plants found in the open world cannot be collected by multiple players in the same session i.e. can only be collected once and by one person.
- Wood can be gathered from the same trees, although wood only drops for whoever hits the tree.
- Weekly Bounties. (only the host can access their reputation)
- Switch characters from the party select with your allocated slots.
- Be healed at the Statue of The Seven and Resonate with it for the Traveler to change their element.
- Earn Achievements.
- View your individual map pins.
- Complete Open World mechanism-activated Time Trial Challenges (host must start them).
- Make use of Elemental Resonance even with characters from another party (e.g. if one player has a Pyro character in their party and another player has a Pyro character in their party, both players will have Fervent Flame attack buff active).
- Some Character Talents will affect Co-Op partners' characters. These include:
Activities players can only do in Co-Op:
- Co-Op Events, such as the Elemental Crucible.
- Get the Unswerving achievement and a Luxurious Chest at the heart island north of Guyun Stone Forest. To reach this island, go north from the Geo Hypostasis and activate the clover pinwheel in order to glide to this island.
- Certain events, like Rhodeia's Rage and The Chalk Prince and the Dragon's Resurgent Cryo Regisvine, requires entering "Special Event Mode", which automatically switches your world to Co-op. This will not match you with other players, but by having "Allow Direct Join" enabled some players will be able to join and play along with you.
Activities players cannot do in Co-Op (but the Host is able to):
- Activate elemental monuments
- Open Host's chests or pick up Sigils.
- Pick up Host's Oculi.
- Use a Treasure Compass as a guest.
- Initiate events (such as Seelie movement and Oceanid spawn, unlocking domain doors).
- Spiral Abyss.
- Adjust the time of day.
- Make offerings to the Statue of The Seven nor set the amount to be healed, however you can be healed or change your Traveler's Vision.
- Enter the Host's Serenitea Pot (must be a friend to do so).
Activities players cannot do in Co-Op, not even as a Host:
- Talk to or interact with a majority of NPCs, including: Katheryne, Shop owners, Crafting and Forging, activating a new Statue of The Seven and activating a Dendro Slime ambush.
- Have the game paused while on the menu screen, even in a co-op room where you're the only player.
- Certain events, such as Contending Tides, can only be completed in single-player mode.
- Story Quests. (these quests are temporarily paused. They can be continued once Travelers leave Co-Op Mode. If the Host is currently in a Story Quest, Co-op mode will be disabled until the quest is completed or cancelled)
- Gain the other player party character's passive abilities (for example, Razor's sprint stamina passive, Ningguang's mining outcrop spotting passive, and Tartaglia's Master of Weaponry will not apply for the other player).
|Players||Enemy Base HP||Enemy Base ATK|
- The table above displays how enemy health and damage dealt to players scale up in Co-Op Mode.
- Overworld stats will scale based on the number of players in the session, regardless if some are in a Domain.
- Domain stats on the other hand will scale based on the number of players in the Domain only.
- Damage from Ley Line Disorders and Auras does not scale up with players.
- Companionship EXP rewards are doubled when done in Co-Op Mode as to compensate for the amount of your own characters in the party.