Beneath the Dragon-Queller is a Trounce Domain unlocked after completing Zhongli's Story Quest Historia Antiqua Chapter: Act II - No Mere Stone. Players can relive the fight they had with Lord of Vishaps Azhdaha and receive bountiful rewards.
The domain entrance is marked with the elements that Azhdaha will absorb inside the domain, which change every week based on a fixed rotation.
- 1 Boss Description
- 2 Ley Line Disorder
- 3 Rules
- 4 Rewards
- 5 Elements
- 6 Attacks
- 7 Strategy
- 8 Battle Dialogue
- 9 Story Domains
- 10 Soundtrack
- 11 Trivia
- 12 Change History
- 13 References
- 14 Navigation
An enormous dragon as ancient as the mountains themselves. In an age that has all but faded from memory, he stood shoulder to shoulder with one who ruled over a harbor of stone. But in the end, the two came into conflict, and the dragon was banished to a dark place deep underground.
Over the long years of his imprisonment, his power has slowly dissipated. He has also become disfigured from the various kinds of erosion he has been subjected to.
The faint rattling of this dragon lord's shackles and his deep, angry growl echo through the bowels of the mountains like memories of a bygone era.
Ley Line Disorder
When Azhdaha's Cryo, Pyro, Electro, and Hydro attacks hit characters who are not under the protection of a shield, that character will be marked. Marked characters will continuously take Elemental DMG.
- Trounce Domains contain unusually powerful opponents. After successfully completing the challenge, you can obtain abundant rewards.
- Players can complete this domain as many times as they want, but can only collect rewards once per week by using 30 Original Resin to open the Ley Line Blossom for the first three Weekly Bosses, and 60 Original Resin subsequently. Rewards are refreshed with Weekly World Reset.
Beneath the Dragon-Queller offers the following exclusive Talent Level-Up Materials:
The boss also drops the following Artifact Sets.
In addition there is a chance to receive Dream Solvents as well as Northlander Billets.
Other than Prithiva Topaz , the possible Ascension Gems obtained depend on the Elements Azhdaha infuses. In order to enter the higher levels of the domain, you must have a certain Adventure Rank (AR).
|III||45||80||300||8,000||70||Previous Rewards +
Artifact and material drop ranges are primarily sourced from the Genshin Data Gathering team
- The Pyro element enhances his attack radius and demands better character positioning
- The Hydro element focuses on projectiles and ranged attacks
- The Cryo element unleashes simultaneous attacks and increases the risk of elemental reactions
- The Electro element is tailored around evasion and precision.
Azhdaha infuses the first element, either Hydro or Pyro, when he reaches ~66% HP. He infuses a second element, either Electro or Cryo, upon reaching ~33% HP. Damage dealt by Azhada will be converted to the respective elemental damage after triggering Elemental Infusion. After the second element is absorbed, all damage done by Azhdaha is considered elemental damage and will mark the current character until the element is dispelled.
The elemental combination can be seen on the seal of the domain, and the element color will also be reflected on several of his body parts, such as his paws for the first element and his tail for the second element.
|Variation||First Element||Second Element||Current?|
|Electro (雷)||Pyro (火)||Cryo (冰)||Hydro (水)|
Defeating every variation once will grant the achievement Sternest of Souls.
Note: All attack and ability names are unofficial.
Phase 1: Geo Element
Azhdaha has 70% Geo Resistance, 40% Physical Resistance, and 10% Elemental Resistance to all other elements.
Earthen Skull: Slams his head and unleashes ground explosions that move in a straight line.
- Pyro: Damage type converted to Pyro, fires several fireballs into the air that will hit the ground randomly and leave a burning mark, which continuously damages players in its AoE. (Phase 2)
- Hydro: Damage type converted to Hydro, leaves a moderately-sized Hydro mark on the ground which explodes shortly after. (Phase 2)
Body Slam: Slams his body sideways, dealing damage in a large AoE that extends towards the attack's direction.
Seismo-Waves: Slams his foreleg once and emits three consecutive shockwaves. Each one pushes players next to him away.
- Hydro: Damage type converted to Hydro, launches projectiles in multiple direction from Azhdaha's location. (Phase 2)
- Pyro: Damage type converted to Pyro, fires several fireballs into the air that will hit the ground randomly and leave a burning circle, which continuously damages players in its AoE. (Phase 2)
Earthshock: Jumps, then greatly impacts the earth and leaves cracked earth that will explode twice around him in a large AoE. The second explosion has a larger AoE than the first. This ability will produce several effect based on the current infused element.
- Hydro: Leaves Hydro-infused cracked earth that will explode twice, and launches water streams in multiple directions from Azhdaha's location.
- Pyro: Leaves Pyro-infused cracked earth, that will explode twice, and leave several fireballs midair, that will hit the ground randomly and leave a burning circle, which continuously damages players in its AoE.
Tail Slam: Slams his tail once if target is behind him.
- Electro: Damage type converted to Cryo. Slower than normal Tail Slam, but cause two Electro explosions around the impact area. (Phase 3)
- Cryo: Damage type converted to Cryo. Slower than normal Tail Slam, but will summon several Ice Spikes around the impact area that will explode twice. (Phase 3)
Sweeping Branch: Performs a quick sweep attack.
- Electro: Damage type converted to Electro. Leaves multiple Electro orbs that deal damage upon contact with the player. (Phase 3)
- Cryo: Damage type converted to Cryo. Leaves 3 Cryo orbs that will explode after a short while. (Phase 3)
Skewing Tusk: Rushes forward, goring enemy units on with his tusks and tossing them into the air.
Burrow: Submerges underground and digs around the arena. This action will trigger a massive earthquake and many rocks will rains to the arena for a while. Azhdaha deals damage every time he resurfaces.
Primeval Spring: Spawns a barrage of Elemental-infused stones to the target. The stones will explode shortly upon impact. This ability will produce additional effects based on the current infused element. (Phase 3)
- Electro: Explodes on impact while releasing small thunderstrokes which extend outwards from the initial AoE, dealing Electro damage. (Phase 3)
- Cryo: Explodes on impact and leaves raining ice shards upon impact, dealing continuous Cryo damage to characters in the affected area for a while. (Phase 3)
Phase 2: Single Elemental Infusion
Upon reaching ~67% HP, Azhdaha infuses an element (Hydro or Pyro), gaining an additional 60% Elemental Resistance to this infused Element, resulting in a total of 70% Elemental Resistance to this element.
Azhdaha can still use any ability from Phase 1. These Phase 1 abilities will be infused with the current infused Element.
Tremors: Slams his legs unto earth, unleashing continuous shockwaves around him for 5 times and ending with one final huge shockwave. This ability will produce several effects, based off the current infused element, and can potentially stun-lock the player. Notably, Azhdaha only uses Tremors during a phase transition (when he gains an elemental infusion) and in the final Phase 3.
- Hydro: Damage type will be converted into Hydro. Six lines of water streams splinting evenly on each sides will follow instantly after the final huge shockwave.
- Pyro: Damage type will be converted into Pyro. Leaves several fireballs in the air, that will hit the ground randomly upon impact shortly after the final huge shockwave and leave burning circles on the ground, damaging players who step on it.
The King's Roar: Summon several moving Elemental orbs, that will slowly rotate around the arena and deal damage per second upon impact.
- Hydro: Summon several moving large Hydro orbs, that will slowly rotate around the arena and deal damage per second upon impact.
- Pyro: Summon several meteors that fall from the sky. The meteors leave a large pool of lava upon impact, that lasts for a while and deals continuous Pyro damage to characters in the affected area.
Phase 3: Dual Elemental Infusion
Upon reaching ~33% HP, Azhdaha will infuse himself with another Element (Electro or Cryo), therefore gaining a dual Elemental Infusion. Azhdaha will gain an additional 50% Elemental Resistance to this second infused Element, resulting in a total of 60% Elemental Resistance to this second element.
Azhdaha can still use any ability from Phases 1 and 2. These Phase 1 or 2 abilities will be infused with the corresponding elements.
After gaining the second infusion, Azhdaha will use cycle through these attacks in order with some Phase 1 attacks in-between depending on the player's position: Moonlit Tree, Thunder Sphere (Electro) or Fractal Lance (Cryo), King's Roar, Tremors, Thunder Sphere (Electro) or Fractal Lance (Cryo), King's Roar, Moonlit Tree, Tremors.
Moonlit Tree: Submerges underground while leaving his tail on the surface. Azhdaha cannot be killed in this state, but can still be damaged.
- Electro: The tail will periodically zap parts of the arena in a cone AoE, that changes after every occurrence of this attack. Targeted areas are indicated with a purple AoE.
- Cryo: The tail will unleash a massive hailstorm around it. The fallen ice chunks will explode upon impact, followed by circular Ice Spikes that will pulse thrice in the affected area.
Thunder Sphere: Forms several Thunder Spheres and launches them towards the target, dealing Electro Damage.
Fractal Lance: Forms a Cryo Sphere in the air, that will then periodically summon several crystal lance 5 times, homing towards the target.
During the encounter against Azhdaha, a Ley Line Disorder will be in effect for the entire duration. This disorder is extremely dangerous; if the player is struck by one of Azhdaha's secondary elemental attacks, they will suffer a continuous bleed of said element unless the element is removed or the player is under the effect of a Shield, so it is almost required to bring characters who can deploy shields or Geo characters, who can cause Crystallize reactions.
At the end of phases 1 and 2, Azhdaha will slam the ground three times, emitting a shockwave that deals high damage if not protected against. These shockwaves also have significant AoE, so it is recommended to stand as far away as possible to avoid taking damage from the attack. This attack concludes when he jumps into the air and slams the ground a final time, emitting a slightly larger shockwave than the previous three. It is used at random during phase 3.
Since the fight does not include a true time limit like the other weekly bosses (with the exception of Stormterror, in which an artificial "time limit" is implemented), it is highly suggested that the player be extremely cautious with any aggressive maneuvers they might take, especially in the second phase. While the behaviors of Azhdaha are different for each elemental infusion, it should be noted that the player needs to be careful when facing situations where Azhdaha is idle (such as when he is buried into the ground with his tail sticking out). During this idle phase, the safest option is to attack from afar and not close up contrary to the instincts that many players may have. The most concentrated attacks of Azhdaha will begin to heavily bombard and encapsulate the player, almost always ensuring death if the player does not possess a shield character. Fortunately, there is initially a short window when Azhdaha's movements are idle during that phase where the player may get up close and unleash as much damage as possible before Azhdaha starts to bombard the player with elemental attacks.
Before entering the Trounce Domain, players should check the two symbols on the entrance. Azhdaha will infuse himself with the elements corresponding to those sigils, as Azhdaha will be significantly resilient to those attacks for the duration of the fight. Azhdaha will infuse himself with the element corresponding to the bottom-most symbol first. See Elements for each elemental symbol.
In all phases, it is advisable to attack him from the front or the back, but never from the side. Attacking from the side triggers the sideways Body Slam attack, which has a large AoE and cannot be countered by sprinting iframe.
In phases 2 and 3, it is not advised to utilize Elemental Burst iframes to avoid damage, as the effects of the Ley Line Disorder will still apply on hit even if the player is in an Elemental Burst animation.
- Character Recommendations
- Shield characters, although they're not essential, are extremely helpful to have in this fight. These include Zhongli, Noelle, Diona, Xinyan, and Beidou. Geo characters who can generate shields via Crystallize reaction can also be helpful.
- Healers, like Jean, Qiqi, Barbara, Bennett, etc., are especially important for this fight. Sometimes having multiple healers is better, as Azhdaha will do great AoE damage and his elemental marks will do continuous DoT.
- That said, sometimes the best defense is offense. Azhdaha has a lot of HP, so having a lot of DPS is just as important, and defeating him before he can use some of his most powerful attacks (especially in his last phase) is helpful too. Some notable DPS users include:
- Xiao, that can do consistent damage against Azhdaha, no matter what element he is infused in. Azhdaha does switch between multiple elements, but dealing Anemo damage can act as a way to bypass this. Moreover, with Bane of All Evil, Xiao can also jump to avoid many of Azhdaha's earth-shaking attacks.
- Characters like Diluc, Hu Tao, Klee, and Ganyu can work. Because Azhdaha has a large body, Diluc's Dawn which has a large hitbox can deal extended damage to him.
- In general, bow users and catalysts are safe for doing damage at a distance. But as a DPS, it is important to avoid as many of Azhdaha's attacks as possible, even with a shield or healing.
- As Azhdaha gains Elemental RES to his infused Elements, using DPS characters of other elements (such as Anemo) can avoid prolonging the fight. An Anemo character equipped with the 4pc Viridescent Venerer artifact set can also help counter the increased Elemental RES.
- Triggering certain elemental reactions can completely purge the elemental mark without generating a shield. Jean can remove all of the elemental marks, Beidou can remove the Pyro and Cryo marks, Xinyan and Bennett can remove the Hydro, Cryo, and Electro marks, and Barbara can remove the Pyro and Cryo marks.
For the quest version of the battle dialogue, see Beneath the Ancient Tree.
- If Zhongli is in your party:
- (The battle begins)
- Azhdaha: It is time, Morax... We settle this now!
- (Upon defeating Azhdaha)
- Azhdaha: Morax...!
- If Zhongli is not in your party:
- (The battle begins)
- Azhdaha: You dare overstep your mortal authority!?
- (Upon defeating Azhdaha)
- Azhdaha: I... will not be destroyed!
- Azhdaha: Crumble!
- Azhdaha: Fissure!
- (Tail Slam)
- Azhdaha: Cowardly insect!
- Azhdaha: Face me!
- (The King's Roar)
- Azhdaha: Back to the earth!
- Azhdaha: There is no atonement for a thousand years of pain!
- Azhdaha: The enraged earth will not absolve you!
- (First infusion)
- Azhdaha: Today you witness your reckoning!
- (Second infusion)
- Azhdaha: You stand upon your tomb, though you know it not!
- (Elemental Tree)
- Azhdaha: Come, experience an eon of suffering!
- Azhdaha: Shifting sands know not the mountain's permanence.
- Azhdaha: From rock to dust, sooner or later.
The following Story Domains take place in the Beneath the Dragon-Queller:
|Soundtrack Name||Soundtrack No.||Played In|
|Ode to Azhdaha||05||Beneath the Dragon-Queller Phase 1|
|Rage Beneath the Mountains||06||Beneath the Dragon-Queller Phase 2|
|Phase 1 - "Ode to Azhdaha"|
肃雍！ Sù yōng!
昔若陀徽土 Xī Rětuó huī tǔ,
越天遒广及青墟浦 Yuè tiānqiú guǎng jí Qīngxū-pǔ,
川亹亹毖流兮 Chuān wěiwěi bìliú xī,
哀时兮时兮 焉薄余属 Āi shí xī shí xī yānbáo yú shǔ,
|Phase 2 - "Rage Beneath the Mountains"|
（邃宇兮 黑翳逐） (Suìyǔ xī hēiyì zhú)
零落兮 困洿渎 Língluò xī kùn wūdú
- Surrounding the "arena" where Azhdaha is sealed, and around the forcefield that Azhdaha breaks out of when combat begins, stand a large number of Stone Steles, which have the same markings as those created by Zhongli's Elemental Skill. Unlike those other Steles however, the ones surrounding the arena no longer seem to be functioning and show signs of heavy erosion, some having to be held up by chains.
- The element symbols marked on the entrance are written in the Liyue script, based on the Chinese characters for each element.
- These symbols are also used as particle effects in his infused states.
- The boss fight was originally supposed to have all 12 combinations of Hydro, Pyro, Cryo, and Electro, but this was dropped during development because it was too challenging in terms of the color schemes, special effects, and processing power.
- Defeating all four variations of Azhdaha (as listed above) will give the Achievement, "Sternest of Souls."
- Defeating Azhdaha without using a shield (character OR Crystallize shields) will give the Achievement, "The Finishing Touch," which was introduced in Version 2.0 as part of Challenger: Series IV.
- Defeating Azhdaha in Co-Op Mode will give the Achievement, "Blast From the Past," which was introduced in Version 2.0 as part of Meetings in Outrealm: Series II.