Beneath the Dragon-Queller is a Trounce Domain unlocked after completing Zhongli's Story Quest Historia Antiqua Chapter: Act II - No Mere Stone. Players can relive the fight they had with Lord of Vishaps Azhdaha and receive bountiful rewards.
The domain entrance is marked with the elements that Azhdaha will absorb inside the domain, which change every week based on a fixed rotation.
Ley Line Disorder
When Azhdaha's Cryo, Pyro, Electro, and Hydro attacks hit characters who are not under the protection of a shield, that character will be marked. Marked characters will continuously take Elemental DMG.
- Trounce Domains contain unusually powerful opponents. After successfully completing the challenge, you can obtain abundant rewards.
- Players can complete this domain as many times as they want, but can only collect rewards once per week by using 30 Original Resin to open the Ley Line Blossom for the first three Weekly Bosses, and 60 Original Resin subsequently. Rewards are refreshed with Weekly World Reset.
Claiming the Trounce Blossom after completing Beneath the Dragon-Queller offers the following exclusive Talent Level-Up Materials:
The blossom also offers the following Artifact Sets:
In addition there is a chance to receive Dream Solvent as well as Northlander Billets.
Other than Prithiva Topaz , the possible Ascension Gems obtained depend on the Elements Azhdaha infuses. The player must reach a certain Adventure Rank (AR) to enter the higher levels of the domain.
At all Domain Levels, Beneath the Dragon-Queller rewards 300 Adventure EXP.
|III||45||80||8,000||378||70||Previous Rewards +
Artifact and material drop ranges are primarily sourced from the Genshin Data Gathering team
- The Pyro element enhances his attack radius and demands better character positioning
- The Hydro element focuses on projectiles and ranged attacks
- The Cryo element unleashes simultaneous attacks and increases the risk of elemental reactions
- The Electro element is tailored around evasion and precision.
Azhdaha infuses the first element, either Hydro or Pyro, when he reaches ~66% HP. He infuses a second element, either Electro or Cryo, upon reaching ~33% HP. Damage dealt by Azhdaha will be converted to the respective elemental damage after triggering Elemental Infusion. After the second element is absorbed, all damage done by Azhdaha is considered elemental damage and will mark the current character until the element is dispelled.
The elemental combination can be seen on the seal of the domain, and the element color will also be reflected on several of his body parts, such as his paws for the first element and his tail for the second element.
|Variation||First Element||Second Element||Current?|
|Electro (雷)||Pyro (火)||Cryo (冰)||Hydro (水)|
The following table describes the level scaling. Note that values may change in Co-Op, some Quests, and certain Domains. The change usually involves multiplying some of the values by a constant scale factor.
Abilities and Attacks
Note: All attack and ability names are unofficial.
Phase 1: Geo Element
- Earthen Skull: Slams his head and unleashes ground explosions that move in a straight line, dealing 100% ATK on impact and 200% ATK with each explosion as AoE Geo DMG.
- Pyro: DMG type converted to Pyro; Impact DMG Reduced to 70% ATK; Fires several fireballs into the air that will hit the ground randomly, dealing 50% ATK as AoE Pyro DMG and leaving a burning mark, which deals 35% ATK as AoE Pyro DoT. (Phase 2)
- Hydro: DMG type converted to Hydro; Impact DMG Reduced to 70% ATK; Explosions removed; Leaves a moderately-sized Hydro mark on the ground which explodes shortly after, dealing 200% ATK as AoE Hydro DMG and launching the player upwards. (Phase 2)
- Body Slam: Slams his body sideways, dealing 200% ATK as AoE Geo DMG in a large area that extends towards the attack's direction. This attack cannot be avoided using dash i-frames.
- Seismo-Waves: Slams his foreleg once and emits three consecutive shockwaves, dealing 100% ATK, 50% ATK, 50% ATK as AoE Geo DMG with each shockwave respectively.
- Hydro: DMG type converted to Hydro; DMG reduced to 70% ATK, 35% ATK, 35% ATK; Launches water streams in multiple direction from Azhdaha's location, each dealing 50% ATK as Hydro DMG on hit. (Phase 2)
- Pyro: DMG type converted to Pyro; DMG reduced to 70% ATK, 35% ATK, 35% ATK; Fires several fireballs into the air that will hit the ground randomly, dealing 50% ATK as AoE Pyro DMG and leaving a burning mark, which deals 35% ATK as AoE Pyro DoT. (Phase 2)
- Earthshock: Jumps, then greatly impacts the earth and leaves cracked earth that will explode twice around him in a large AoE. The second explosion has a larger AoE than the first. Deals 150% ATK * 2 as AoE Geo DMG.
- Hydro: DMG type converted to Hydro; DMG reduced to 100% ATK * 2; Launches water streams in multiple direction from Azhdaha's location, each dealing 50% ATK as Hydro DMG on hit. (Phase 2)
- Pyro: DMG type converted to Pyro; DMG reduced to 100% ATK * 2; Fires several fireballs into the air that will hit the ground randomly, dealing 50% ATK as AoE Pyro DMG and leaving a burning mark, which deals 35% ATK as AoE Pyro DoT. (Phase 2)
- Tail Slam: Slams his tail once if target is behind him, dealing 200% ATK as AoE Geo DMG.
- Electro: DMG type converted to Electro; DMG reduced to 140% ATK; Slower than normal Tail Slam, but cause an Electro explosion around the impact area, dealing 70% ATK as AoE Electro DMG. (Phase 3)
- Cryo: DMG type converted to Cryo; DMG reduced to 140% ATK; Slower than normal Tail Slam, but will summon several Ice Spikes around the impact area that explode shortly after, dealing 70% ATK as AoE Cryo DMG. (Phase 3)
- Sweeping Branch: Performs a quick sweep attack, dealing 200% ATK as AoE Geo DMG. This attack cannot be avoided using dash i-frames.
- Electro: DMG type converted to Electro; DMG reduced to 140% ATK; Leaves multiple Electro orbs that deal damage upon contact with the player. (Phase 3)
- Cryo: DMG type converted to Cryo; DMG reduced to 140% ATK; Leaves 3 Cryo orbs that will explode after a short while, dealing 70% ATK as AoE Cryo DMG. (Phase 3)
- Skewing Tusk: Rushes forward, goring enemy units on with his tusks and tossing them into the air. The impact and the toss deal 100% ATK and 200% ATK as Geo DMG respectively. This attack cannot be avoided using dash i-frames.
- Burrow: Submerges underground and digs around the arena. This action will trigger a massive earthquake and many rocks will rains to the arena for a while, dealing 100% ATK as AoE Geo DMG. Azhdaha also deals 200% ATK as Geo DMG every time he resurfaces to players in his path.
- Primeval Spring: Spawns a barrage of Elemental-infused stones to the target. The stones will explode shortly upon impact. The impact and explosion deal 50% ATK and 100% ATK respectively as AoE Geo DMG.
- Electro: Explodes on impact while releasing small thunderstrokes that expand outwards from the initial AoE, dealing 100% ATK as AoE Electro DMG. (Phase 3)
- Cryo: Explodes on impact, dealing 70% ATK as AoE Cryo DMG and leaves raining ice shards upon impact, randomly dealing 35% ATK, 17.5% ATK, 8.75% ATK or 3.5% ATK as Cryo DoT to characters in the affected area for a period of time. (Phase 3)
Phase 2: Single Elemental Infusion
Upon reaching ~67% HP, Azhdaha enters a brief invulnerability phase and infuses an element (Hydro or Pyro), gaining an additional 60% Elemental Resistance to this infused Element, resulting in a total of 70% Elemental Resistance to this element.
Azhdaha can still use any ability from Phase 1. These Phase 1 abilities will be infused with the current infused Element.
- Tremors: Slams his legs unto earth, unleashing continuous shockwaves around him for 5 times and ending with one final huge shockwave. The first 5 shockwaves each deal 150% ATK and the final shockwave deals 200% ATK, as AoE Geo DMG. Azhdaha only uses Tremors during a phase transition and in the final Phase 3. This attack cannot be avoided using dash i-frames.
- Hydro: DMG type converted into Hydro; DMG reduced to 100% ATK and 140% ATK; AoE increased; Launches water streams in multiple direction from Azhdaha's location, each dealing 50% ATK as Hydro DMG on hit.
- Pyro: DMG type converted into Pyro; DMG reduced to 100% ATK and 140% ATK; AoE increased; Fires several fireballs into the air that will hit the ground randomly, dealing 50% ATK as AoE Pyro DMG and leaving a burning mark, which deals 35% ATK as AoE Pyro DoT.
- The King's Roar: Roars and initiates a large AoE attack of the infused element.
Phase 3: Dual Elemental Infusion
Upon reaching ~33% HP, Azhdaha enters another brief invulnerability phase and infuses himself with another Element (Electro or Cryo), therefore gaining a dual Elemental Infusion. Azhdaha will gain an additional 50% Elemental Resistance to this second infused Element, resulting in a total of 60% Elemental Resistance to this second element.
Azhdaha can still use any ability from Phases 1 and 2. These Phase 1 or 2 abilities will be infused with the corresponding elements.
After gaining the second infusion, Azhdaha will use cycle through these attacks in order with some Phase 1 attacks in-between depending on the player's position: Moonlit Tree, Thunder Sphere (Electro) or Fractal Lance (Cryo), King's Roar, Tremors, Thunder Sphere (Electro) or Fractal Lance (Cryo), King's Roar, Moonlit Tree, Tremors.
- Moonlit Tree: Submerges underground while leaving his tail on the surface. Azhdaha cannot be killed in this state, but can still be damaged. If Azhdaha's HP reaches 0 in during this attack, one extra hit will be required to kill him once he reappears above ground.
- Electro: The tail will periodically zap parts of the arena in a cone AoE that changes after every occurrence of this attack, dealing 300% ATK as AoE Electro DMG. Targeted areas are indicated with a purple AoE.
- Cryo: The tail will unleash a massive hailstorm around it. The fallen ice chunks will explode upon impact, followed by circular Ice Spikes that will pulse thrice in the affected area. Each pulse deals 100% ATK as AoE Cryo DMG.
- Thunder Sphere: Forms several Thunder Spheres and launches them towards the target, each dealing 140% ATK as Electro DMG.
- Fractal Lance: Forms a Cryo Sphere in the air, that will then periodically summon 4 crystal lances 5 times, homing towards the target. Each lance deals 140% ATK, 70% ATK, 35% ATK, 14% ATK respectively as Cryo DMG on hit.
During the encounter against Azhdaha, a Ley Line Disorder will take effect as soon as Phase 2 starts and last until the end of the fight. This disorder is extremely dangerous; if the player is struck by one of Azhdaha's secondary elemental attacks, they will suffer a continuous bleed of said element unless the element is removed or the player is under the effect of a Shield, so it is almost required to bring characters who can deploy shields or Geo characters, who can cause Crystallize reactions.
At the end of phases 1 and 2, Azhdaha will slam the ground three times, emitting a shockwave that deals high damage if not protected against. These shockwaves also have significant AoE, so it is recommended to stand as far away as possible to avoid taking damage from the attack. This attack concludes when he jumps into the air and slams the ground a final time, emitting a slightly larger shockwave than the previous three. It is used at random during phase 3. Azhdaha has hard damage caps at ~60% and 30% of his health to prevent players from skipping phases or subduing him early.
Since the fight does not include a true time limit like the other weekly bosses (with the exception of Stormterror, in which an artificial "time limit" is implemented), it is highly suggested that the player be extremely cautious with any aggressive maneuvers they might take, especially in the second phase. While the behaviors of Azhdaha are different for each elemental infusion, it should be noted that the player needs to be careful when facing situations where Azhdaha is idle (such as when he is buried into the ground with his tail sticking out). During this idle phase, the safest option is to attack from afar and not close up contrary to the instincts that many players may have. The most concentrated attacks of Azhdaha will begin to heavily bombard and encapsulate the player, almost always ensuring death if the player does not possess a shield character. Fortunately, there is initially a short window when Azhdaha's movements are idle during that phase where the player may get up close and unleash as much damage as possible before Azhdaha starts to bombard the player with elemental attacks.
Before entering the Trounce Domain, players should check the two symbols on the entrance. Azhdaha will infuse himself with the elements corresponding to those sigils, as Azhdaha will be significantly resilient to those attacks for the duration of the fight. Azhdaha will infuse himself with the element corresponding to the bottom-most symbol first. See Elements for each elemental symbol.
In all phases, it is advisable to attack him from the front or the back, but never from the side. Attacking from the side triggers the sideways Body Slam attack, which has a large AoE and cannot be countered by sprinting i-frame.
In phases 2 and 3, it is not advised to utilize Elemental Burst i-frames to avoid damage, as the effects of the Ley Line Disorder will still apply on hit even if the player is in an Elemental Burst animation.
- Characters that can create shields, while not essential, are extremely helpful to have in this fight, as it will prevent the highly lethal elemental mark from being applied.
- Healers are an effective means of improving survivability.
- Due to the high DMG of many of Azhdaha's attacks, it is still important to avoid as many of Azhdaha's attacks as possible even with shields and healing.
- Characters with abilities with large hitboxes can deal extended damage thanks to his massive body.
- In general, Bow and Catalyst users are safe for dealing damage at a distance.
- As Azhdaha gains Elemental RES to his infused Elements (including his innate Geo RES), using damage dealers of other elements can avoid prolonging the fight. Anemo characters equipped with the 4 piece Viridescent Venerer artifact set, or talents that decrease enemy Elemental RES such as Zhongli's Dominus Lapidis can also help counter the increased Elemental RES.
- Anemo characters can completely ignore Azhdaha's resistances gained from phase transformations due to him never infusing Anemo.
- Triggering certain elemental reactions on the character can completely remove the elemental mark without generating a shield. Anemo can remove all of the elemental marks, Electro can remove the Cryo mark, Pyro can remove the Hydro, Cryo, and Electro marks, and Hydro can remove the Pyro and Cryo marks.
- Fast runners, such as tall male characters and characters with access to Alternate Sprints may be helpful against Azhdaha's AoE attack spams.
For the quest version of the battle dialogue, see Beneath the Ancient Tree.
- If Zhongli is in your party:
- (The battle begins)
- Azhdaha: It is time, Morax... We settle this now!
- (Upon defeating Azhdaha)
- Azhdaha: Morax...!
- If Zhongli is not in your party:
- (The battle begins)
- Azhdaha: You dare overstep your mortal authority!?
- (Upon defeating Azhdaha)
- Azhdaha: I... will not be destroyed!
- Azhdaha: Crumble!
- Azhdaha: Fissure!
- (Tail Slam)
- Azhdaha: Cowardly insect!
- Azhdaha: Face me!
- (The King's Roar)
- Azhdaha: Back to the earth!
- Azhdaha: There is no atonement for a thousand years of pain!
- Azhdaha: The enraged earth will not absolve you!
- (First infusion)
- Azhdaha: Today you witness your reckoning!
- (Second infusion)
- Azhdaha: You stand upon your tomb, though you know it not!
- (Elemental Tree)
- Azhdaha: Come, experience an eon of suffering!
- Azhdaha: Shifting sands know not the mountain's permanence.
- Azhdaha: From rock to dust, sooner or later.
The following Story Domains take place in the Beneath the Dragon-Queller:
3 Achievements match the category selection:
|Sternest of Souls||Wonders of the World||Defeat Azhdaha in all its forms.||20|
|The Finishing Touch||Challenger: Series IV||Defeat Azhdaha without ever having gained a shield.||10|
|Blast from the Past||Meetings in Outrealm: Series II||Defeat Azhdaha in Co-Op Mode.||10|
|No.||Soundtrack Name||Album||Played In|
|43||Ode to Azhdaha||The Shimmering Voyage||Beneath the Dragon-Queller (Phase 1)|
|44||Rage Beneath the Mountains||The Shimmering Voyage||Beneath the Dragon-Queller (Phase 2)|
- Surrounding the "arena" where Azhdaha is sealed, and around the forcefield that Azhdaha breaks out of when combat begins, stand a large number of Stone Steles, which have the same markings as those created by Zhongli's Elemental Skill. Unlike those other Steles however, the ones surrounding the arena no longer seem to be functioning and show signs of heavy erosion, some having to be held up by chains.
- The element symbols marked on the entrance are written in the Liyue script, based on the Chinese characters for each element.
- These symbols are also used as particle effects in his infused states.
- The boss fight was originally supposed to have all 12 combinations of Hydro, Pyro, Cryo, and Electro, but this was dropped during development because it was too challenging in terms of the color schemes, special effects, and processing power.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|English||Beneath the Dragon-Queller||—|
"Fúlóng-shù" zhī Dǐ
"Fúlóng-shù" zhī Dǐ
|Beneath the "Hiding Dragon's Tree"|
|Spanish||Bajo el Sometedragones [sic]||Under the Dragon's Subduer|
|French||Sous l'arbre dompteur de dragon||Beneath the Dragon-Taming Tree|
|Russian||Под древом подавления
Pod drevom podavleniya
||Deep Abyss of the "Dragon Subduing Tree"|
|Vietnamese||Rễ Cây||Hidden Dragon Tree Roots|
|German||Unter dem Drachenbezwinger||Beneath the Dragon-Queller|
|Indonesian||Beneath the Dragon-Queller||—|
|Portuguese||Fundo da Árvore do Dragão Oculto|
- Youtube Video: The Birth of a Dragon: A Behind the Scenes Look At the Creation of Azhdaha
- Twitter Post: EN VA Self Announcement
- Twitter Post: JP VA Announcement