Metroid Dread - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Automatons are enemies that are mechanical in nature. The majority of Automatons are Ruin Machines, although Automatons of different origin exist.
- Humanoid Ruin Machines – A sub-group of humanoid Ruin Machines. Their form is limited to what was preengineered.
- Ruin Guard – Large machines that guard ruins. They attack with homing missiles and their powerful arms.
- Ruin Hunter – War machines armed with sharp appendages that have propellers instead of legs. They can also fire barrages of missiles.
- Ruin Grader – A giant war machine that looks like a larger, stronger Ruin Guard. They are completely silent compared to the other two variants.
- Ruin Sentinels – A series of unusual machines that take on many forms to attack enemies with a variety of attacks.
- Ruin Cruiser – A hovering machine composed of multiple interdependent parts, themed after honeybee colonies.
- Ruin Destroyer – A machine that anchors itself in the ground to attack, themed after a plant, possibly Regisvines.
- Ruin Defender – A machine equipped with a shield, themed after an insect, possibly beetles.
- Ruin Scout – A hovering machine that sets dangerous energy orbs on the field, themed after jellyfish.
- Perpetual Mechanical Array – A massive ruin unit consisting of four Ruin Sentinels that takes on the form of the Hypostases and bears a similar attack style to them by transforming into various objects.
In Game Image
- Although not listed in the Archive, the Defense Mechanisms mainly found in Dragonspine also can be considered as Automaton-like enemies. Like the Maguu Kenki, they are likely unrelated to the Ruin Machines.