- 1 Notable Features
- 2 Electro Monument Puzzle
- 3 Kitsune Shrine
- 4 Underground Level 1
- 5 Underground Level 2
- 6 Underground Level 3
- 7 Video Guides
- 8 Other Languages
- 9 Change History
- 10 Navigation
Most of the Ruin Machines are encountered in this area.
Electro Monument Puzzle
There will be four nearby Electro Monuments.
- One of them will require defeating some Ruin Sentinels
- One of them requires solving a Cube Device puzzle
Once all four are activated, a chest and Thunder Sakura Bough will spawn at the bottom of a nearby well. Use the bough to summon an Electrograna, which can be used to teleport to move to a Thunder Sphere and pass through a nearby Thunder Barrier containing a Ruin Guard, chest, and Electroculus.
There is also 1 part of the Torn Page: Toki Alley Tales (Prologue) on a column near the Thunder Barrier.
Along the west coast of Araumi there will be a cave with some Bake-Danuki and wooden crates. Inside the cave there is also an Earth Kitsune Statue. Using the Memento Lens on it gives the following dialogue:
- Someone's Voice: "Ah, it would be wonderful if we could build a port here, and thus centralize trade with other nations in the hands of our government..."
- Someone's Voice: "O Almighty Shogun, please indulge the unworthy fancy of a mere Commissioner..."
Underground Level 1
Unlock the gate to the underground requires using the Memento Lens (obtained from the quest Sacrificial Offering) on 3 Earth Kitsune Statues located next to a Thunder Sakura Bough in a well below an Electroculus. This will reveal 3 mechanisms. After activating them, a door will open to the underground.
- Underground one can find 1 part of the Torn Page: Toki Alley Tales (Prologue)
- There are 2 Seelies and a chest near one of them. Following the seelie to their courts will unlock a circular gate to the outside (north coast of Araumi).
There is a shrine with a torii gate that one can interact with, similar to the one found in A Strange Story in Konda.
- One needs the Scroll-Shaped Ward to purify it. This is obtained by passing through the Thunder Barrier.
- After passing through the barrier, use Electro on the kitsune statue to obtain the ward.
- There is also a nearby Exquisite Chest in the room behind the Thunder Barrier.
Use the Memento Lens on 2 kitsune statues in the back of the shrine to unlock 2 missing Electro lamps. Use the Scroll-Shaped Ward to begin purification. Once again the shrine emblem will show the solution to the puzzle. Adjust the 2 back lamps to have 2 petals, and adjust the 2 lamps on the left and right of the shrine to have 3 petals. Then pray at the first lamp, and the player will be launched into another fight with an Ochimusha.
Cube Device Puzzles
There is a Cube Device puzzle consisting of 5 cubes — 4 making a square and 1 in the center. Make the 4 outer cubes all align in the same direction as the center cube. Solving the puzzle will lower the water level nearby, so one can descend further below.
Swim through the shallow water to reach some stairs and a mechanism to unlock a gated door to the outside. Nearby there is an Old Stone Slate (#3) in a mound.
There is also another Cube Device puzzle involving 5 cubes in a line. Make them all face in the same direction. Solving this cube puzzle will further lower the water level, leading to the next underground level.
Underground Level 2
On this floor there are 3 rooms. One has a Thunder Sakura Bough. Another has a Thunder Barrier that requires a higher level of Electrogranum to unlock. And the third has 2 Ruin Guards guarding a chest.
Beyond the third room, there are some stairs leading even further down to a door. Start the mechanism to open the door to descend to level 3.
Underground Level 3
There will be some Ruin Sentinels along the way (Ruin Scout and Ruin Defender). The passageway will lead to a huge space with a Teleport Waypoint and some ship wreckage with another Old Stone Slate (#4) nearby.
There is a Kairagi: Dancing Thunder guarding a chest. The Kairagi goes by the name Acting Instructor Mifune Satoshi (Iwakura Art Okuden). It will have some dialogue too:
- (Upon approach)
- Iwakura Art: Mifune Satoshi: Are we pursued by the Shogunate's lackeys, even here?
- (After defeating Mifune Satoshi)
- Iwakura Art: Mifune Satoshi: Haha... Hah... Like whistling in the wind...
Perpetual Mechanical Array Room
Continuing further leads to a large room with the Perpetual Mechanical Array boss below. On the floor above the boss, there will be a Thunder Sakura Bough and some Thunder Spheres. Using the thunder spheres to cross over to the other side, there will be a small campfire and another Earth Kitsune Statue. Using the Memento Lens will trigger the following dialogue.
- Someone's Voice: "Big Brother Michihira, don't worry. Mother will return to us."
- Someone's Voice: "I know. She'll be back. After all, she's..."
Investigating the kitsune statue afterwards will give a random 1★ Artifact.
Unlocking Empty Boat of a Thousand Gates
To unlock the domain Empty Boat of a Thousand Gates:
- Step on the panel with the Solomon's knot symbol to light it up. This will initiate a puzzle that involves stepping and lighting all of the puzzles surrounding the mechanism. After all the panels are lit, the mechanism will unlock. Activate it to open the gate. There will be a chest too.
- Inside the gate there is a similar panel-stepping puzzle with a mechanism. Complete it, and activate the mechanism to unlock the domain.
To the left of the domain is an Earth Kitsune Statue. Use the Memento Lens on it to get some more dialogue:
Investigating the statue afterwards will give a random 1★ Artifact.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|Chinese reading of Japanese name|
|Sino-Korean reading of Japanese name|