Arataki Itto (Japanese: 荒瀧一斗 Arataki Itto) is a character in Inazuma who has been mentioned by various characters, NPCs and in bulletin boards. He is known for his largely one-sided rivalry with Kujou Sara after she defeated him and took his Vision.
Itto is likely a descendant of Arataki of the Front Gate, a famous martial artist in Inazuman history. Based on the epithets he devises for himself, as well as physical descriptions other NPCs have given for him, he has oni blood in his veins.
Despite describing him as "mean and overbearing," the rumors Rie recounts state that Itto "is not a thug" and, beyond trying to pick a fight with Sara at every turn, is generally a kind person, playing with children. However, he is also very competitive and insistent on winning: Shouta complains that his snacks are always taken by Itto when he wins, Yoimiya states that he always forces friendly competitions with her, such as who can eat the most ramen,, and that he nearly killed himself in a eating competition with a "lady with kitsune ears" (perhaps referring to Yae Miko) by eating kitsune ramen, despite being aware that it contained fried tofu beans, which Oni are all allergic to.
Unlike other victims of the Vision Hunt Decree, Itto — at least based on his messages — has not displayed the usual symptoms of listlessness and loss of ambition. Regardless, his fiery personality means that he often creates a racket wherever he goes.
Arataki Itto is described as tall, having a large build and two large horns, initially appearing to be scary at first glance.
Itto was a Vision-bearer who had his Vision confiscated after being defeated by Kujou Sara of the Tenryou Commission, whom he always addresses as "Kujou Tengu" or some variation thereof. Ever since then, he has sought a rematch, following her throughout various islands on the archipelago and proclaiming his intent to fight the other on every single bulletin board, much to her consternation.
Rie, while indirectly mentioning him, states that there are many rumors around him — some state that he is a bully and overbearing, while others state that he is a kind person who enjoys playing with children and setting up bug-fighting arenas. It is also revealed that he has a "gang" of sorts, but there is no information about them, apart from one known member, the "Kuki Ninja".
It is unknown if Itto's Vision was returned to him following the abolishment of the Vision Hunt Decree.
- A running gag is that Arataki will always place a different epithet between his name, such as Arataki "The Supreme" Itto or Arataki "The Oni Sumo King" Itto.
- Arataki Itto's (and by extension, all Oni's) allergic reaction to fried tofu beans is a reference to the Japanese tradition of mamemaki celebrated during Setsubun, in which beans are thrown at people wearing oni (or demon) masks to purify the household for the upcoming year.
- Weapons: Kitain Cross Spear and Mistsplitter Reforged
- Many NPC descriptions of him reference his large physical stature and large horns.
- Shouta's dialogue
- Yoimiya's voice-overs "About Arataki Itto"
- Yukio's dialogue
- Sayu's voice-overs "About Arataki Itto"
- Inazuma Commercial Street Bulletin Board
- Ritou Bulletin Board
- Uyuu Restaurant's Bulletin Board
- Yoimiya's Voice-Over: "About Arataki Itto: Arataki's Gang"