Afterword is the fifth quest and conclusion of The Chalk Prince and the Dragon event.
- Look for Albedo
- Speak to Albedo
The Traveler returns with the Festering Desire at its peak power. Albedo handles the sword and extracts the purified life force from within the sword into a bottle, and gifts the Traveler the leftover sword as a memento. Albedo then bids them farewell as his research is completed.
- (Upon reaching Albedo's camp)
- Paimon: We're back! It's us again!
- Albedo: Traveler, Paimon, welcome back.
- Paimon: Paimon's already used to meeting Albedo like that.
- I've fulfilled your request.
- I've done what you wanted, as promised.
- Albedo: Thank you so much. I knew I could count on you.
- Count on me to help you?
- Albedo: Naturally, you were crucial to my research.
- Paimon: Ehehe, glad to hear that~
- Albedo: I'll never forget your kindness.
- Now you can take the sword back.
- Paimon: Should be powerful enough, right?
- Albedo: More or less... but tell me... How do you feel?
- Same old.
- Albedo: Good. There's no side effects, no corruption or poison.
- Albedo: Looks like... I've been correct all along.
- Paimon: This guy, pretending to be a prophet!
- Albedo: How do you like the sword?
- It's a nice weapon.
- It's no good.
- Albedo: Is that so? Regardless, it's reached the desired state.
- Paimon: Why are you holding the sword? Albedo, what're you trying to do? Don't mess around!
- Albedo: I want to extract the purified life force from within it.
- Paimon: Can this force exist outside of the sword?
- Albedo: What's impossible for some... might be just within my reach.
- Albedo: ...All done.
- Paimon: Wow, this energy looks like a ball of light...
- Paimon: Ah! You put it into a mysterious bottle!
- Albedo: This sword might not be a divine weapon...
- Albedo: But it'll make a fine memento. I hope it can be of some help during your travels.
- You don't need it anymore?
- Albedo: I needed it for the sake of my research. I've already obtained the results of the experiment. This sword belongs to you, a person who knows how to use it.
- Albedo: Thank you for your assistance with completing this research. Well then, goodbye.
- Albedo: This dragon's life force resonates with me...
- Albedo: Not because it's a dragon, but because I am... me.
- Albedo: Rhinedottir... Master... Is this your creation, the giant dragon Durin?
- Albedo: ...
- Albedo: Was the two of us meeting really a good thing?