Abyss Lectors are creatures that are a part of the Abyss Order and who are capable of manipulating intense abyssal energy. These creatures are evangelists that can chant malefic poetry of the Abyss to command their powers.
A monster who serves the Abyss Order and commands lightning while singing the praises of the darkness.
These are the evangelists and the scholars of the Abyss. Their violent lightning strikes the hearts of unbelievers with dark wisdom, warped by the shadowy depths of an eternal night, its violet glow proclaiming the existence of a great power that corrodes human intellect.Version 1.5 Special Program
Lectors resemble a Herald and are about the same height as them. But they do not use blades in battle.
Electro (Violet Lightning)
A creature of the Abyss Order that calls upon thunder and lightning in praise of the darkness. It possesses some ability to disrupt elemental powers, and some of its attacks will drain characters' Elemental Energy when dealing DMG to them.
Names are unofficial. (Abyssal Light is taken from its voiceline. The Violet Lightning is named after its title.)
- Thunderbolt: Summons a falling bolt of Electro energy to strike its foe. When below 50% HP it will summon 2 bolts consecutively. When its shield is active it will summon 3 bolts consecutively.
- Thunder Wave: Conjures a wave of lightning bolts striking down in a line towards you. When its shield is active, it will unleash two waves of lightning at once, usually from different directions but sometimes in a straight line.
- Thunderous Declaration: When a character strays near to the Abyss Lector, it will implode itself with a powerful electromagnetic blast.
- Storming Sanctum: After some time has passed or its health falls below a certain threshold, the Abyss Lector: Violet Lightning will imbue itself with a powerful Electro shield, providing it immunity to all DMG until its shield is broken. When the shield is activated, nearby players are knocked back from the Lector and damaged. The Abyss Lector also gains new/upgraded attacks when it is equipped with a Electro shield.
- The Lector may appear to heal while protected by its Electro Shield. However it (similar to the Abyss Herald) will instantly die when their shields are broken.
- Abyssal Light: Conjures 3 Electro orbs that launch towards the player's current position. When hit by these projectiles, your energy will be depleted by an amount.
- The Violet Lightning: Summons many Electro orbs around it, after a short pause the orbs will be sent out in all directions and then stop for a second before exploding. This attack is only used when the Lector has an Electro Shield. Getting hit by any of these orbs will drain the character's energy.
Like the Abyss Heralds, Lectors are fairly weak when unshielded. Care should still be taken to avoid their attacks to prevent unnecessary energy drain.
Upon reaching critical health, the Lector will activate an Electro shield that permanently applies said status onto them, opening them up to more consistent elemental reactions but also enhances their attacks. Due to the nature of Electro, it is highly recommended to use Pyro or Cryo attacks to inflict Overloaded and Superconduct, both of which deal high damage compared to Electro-Charged or Swirl.
Once the Lector's shield breaks, they are automatically defeated.
To break the Electro shield quickly, there is a strategy of using Bennett with a four-piece set effect of Thundering Fury while in the radius created by Fantastic Voyage. The four-piece effect decreases the cooldown of the user's Elemental Skill by 1 second. Inside the radius and with the four-piece set, Bennett can repeatedly use Passion Overload, which has very fast cooldown and high Gauge application, dealing massive damage in the process. His sixth constellation, Fire Ventures with Me, can also inflict additional damage from Pyro-imbued auto-attacks and further reduce Passion Overload's cooldown.
Alternatively Jean's Dandelion Breeze (or Anemo Traveler's Palm Vortex) can repeatedly Swirl the character's Pyro imbuement from Bennett's Fantastic Voyage without the sixth constellation being necessary.
During the unshielded phase:
- If there are multiple Lectors, Venti's Wind's Grand Ode can group them closer together but will not lift them. They can also be knockbacked by Diluc's Dawn.
- They can be Frozen (when unshielded) and Petrified. They can also be distracted by Taunts.
The Electro Abyss Lectors appear in the following Spiral Abyss floors:
- Version 1.5
- Floor 12 Chamber 3 Part 1
- Version 1.6
- Floors 10, 11, 12
- Version 2.0
- Floor 10 Chamber 3 Part 1
- Floor 11 Chamber 2 Part 2
The Electro Abyss Lectors appear in the following Events:
- Version 2.0
- Phantom Flow event in the 7th challenge
- Version 2.2
- Labyrinth Warriors event in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th trial
|Abyss Lector: Violet Lightning|
|Spotting the Player||Behold! The Abyss has come!|
|Thunderbolt||Peace be with you!|
|Peace and hope find you! (Only when Elemental Shield is activated)|
|Thunder Wave||The gift of grace!|
|Grace be upon you! (Only when Elemental Shield is activated)|
|Thunderous Declaration||Hear the truth!|
|The truth shall set you free! (Only when Elemental Shield is activated)|
|Abyssal Light||Abyssal light, shine!|
|Hear ye, the words of joy! (Only when Elemental Shield is activated)|
|The Violet Lightning||The power of revelation! (Only when Elemental Shield is activated)|
|Generating Shield||By holy proclamation! (Transitioning)|
|In the name of the truth! (Transitioning)|
|Defeated||The truth... shall endure...|
|The door... is... opened unto you...|