Metroid Dread - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- Venture beyond the seal
- Ride the winds to defeat Dvalin
- The first part is the same air battle from Dragon Storm, with the addition of dodging Dvalin's attacks and flying through rings.
- You control only the Traveler for this part, regardless of whether the Traveler is part of your active party or not.
- If you find yourself having a difficult time dodging, eat something that regenerates health over time like Radish Veggie Soup.
- When Dvalin accelerates out of your attack range, destroy anemo orbs to create acceleration rings. Fly through the rings to catch up to him.
- Defeat Dvalin
- The second part is fighting Dvalin. Venti will be added to your party.
- You can use Venti or other long-range fighters to attack Dvalin when he's flying.
- Breaking Dvalin's shield will cause him to collapse on a platform and expose the crystal. You have enough time to climb up his neck and attack it, or enter Aimed Shot Mode with Venti and shoot at the crystal.
- When the floor is covered with white cracks that constantly deal damage, glide a couple of platforms away until you land on a safe one.
- Barbara is not directly awarded from this quest, but rather from Baptism of Song, which can be found in the Events menu.
- Completing this quest will grant you the Wonders of the World achievement "Winds Change Their Course."
- (During the first phase of the fight)
- two shiny spots on Dvalin's back! Venti: Look! There are
- Venti: They appear to be poisonous blood clots that have coagulated on his wounds...
- Venti: The Abyss Order must have cursed the wounds. That's what's corrupting Dvalin's mind.
- blood clots. Venti: To save Dvalin, we're going to have to get rid of those
- Venti: Aim for those blood clots!
- Venti: Dvalin is getting away... but I am familiar with his tactics. Just hold on a bit longer.
- Venti: I'll extract and condense the pure Anemo from the shots being fired.
- acceleration currents. Venti: Shattering them will create
- Venti: I can't control where they will appear, so keep your eyes peeled.
- condensed Anemo orbs to create acceleration currents. Venti: Shatter the
- Venti: I know it's hard to tell amidst the barrage of bullets, but this is the only way.
- Venti: Dvalin... I'm sorry this is hurting you... Hang on, just one more!
- (During the second phase of the fight)
- Venti: Now we can fight Dvalin on equal grounds. The grandest bard is here to help!
- Venti: But first, let me be clear...
- Venti: Even after hundreds of years without use, Dvalin's teeth and claws are still very dangerous.
- Venti: A-ha, this is Dvalin's ace in the hole: Caelestinum Finale Termini!
- Paimon: ...This dragon has strange taste when it comes to naming things.
- Venti: I named it for him just now.
- Paimon: Seriously!?
- wind currents and stay away from the breaking platforms. Venti: Well... Anyway, let's ride the
- Venti: The energy flooding out from the fissures will be hot. Be sure to watch your step.
- Venti: Now is our chance! Aim for the tainted blood clot on his neck!
- (After defeating the Stormterror, a cutscene begins. The platforms give in, and everyone loses their footing.)
- Paimon: This place is gonna collapse!
- (Dvalin rescues everyone from falling, and flies away with everyone on his back)
- Venti: It's been a while since we flew like this together, huh, Dvalin?
- Dvalin: Just now... Why... Why did you not ask me to protect you like the last time?
- Venti: Me not wanting you to listen to the Abyss Order doesn't mean that you have to listen to me.
- Venti: Freedom, if demanded of you by an archon, is really no freedom at all.
- Dvalin: Is this... the power of the Anemo Archon? But I am no longer part of the Four Winds.
- Venti: Even if that's so, you still protected us regardless.
- Venti: Now, spread your wings of freedom and go with my blessing.
- (Back in Mondstadt)
- Jean: And so, the Stormterror threat was quelled.
- Jean: I clarified the misunderstanding to the citizens of Mondstadt
- Jean: and let them know that they are safe.
- Jean: To them it seems Stormterror attacked Mondstadt out of nowhere
- Jean: and then vanished just as quickly.
- Jean: They must be finding the whole ordeal very confusing.
- Venti: However, winds change their course.
- Venti: Someday, they will blow towards a brighter future.
Released in Version 1.0