Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Return to the base camp and ask the researchers for clues regarding the journal.
- Obtain two of the following steps, based on which books you don't yet have:
- (If you haven't found Book 1) Go to the "cellar in the southwestern ruins" to search for journals
- (If you haven't found Book 2) Head for the "secret chamber" to search for journals
- (If you haven't found Book 3) Head to "South Base Camp" to search for journals
- Give the gathered journals to Stevens
Ancient Investigation Journals
- Ancient Investigation Journal: Part I - Found in the Exquisite Chest near the Entombed City - Ancient Palace cave door. (On the world map, it is in the region below the word City.)
- Ancient Investigation Journal: Part II - Found in a chest beneath the ice lake puzzle left of Starglow Cavern.
- Ancient Investigation Journal: Part III - Found on a shelf in Starglow Cavern. (On the world map, it is located in the area by the "ar" in "Starglow.")
- Completing this quest completes the Wonders of the World achievement Snow-Stored History.
- The Ragged Records are related to this quest, but are not required for the quest itself.
- (After picking up an Ancient Investigation Journal)
- Paimon: What's this?
- Paimon: Seems like some sort of records left behind by someone who once investigated the area.
- Paimon: (Traveler), Paimon bets these will be of great value— Um, historical value to someone. Let's go ask around.
- (Talk to Stevens)
- I found this.
- Stevens: Huh? Up on the mountain? Let me take a look...
- Stevens: Wow, what a find! This is a priceless treasure.
- Paimon: Treasure!?
- Stevens: ...A treasure trove of knowledge for the history enthusiast, I mean.
- Stevens: Once, on a research trip, I read some ancient historical annals.
- Stevens: I remember one of them, from before the time of the Knights of Favonius, talked about a team sent by the aristocrats to investigate the mountain.
- Stevens: For some reason, though, the annals provide next to no details about what the investigation team found...
- Stevens: If this is one of the journals kept by that investigation team, it will serve as an immensely valuable historical source for researchers.
- Stevens: Would you be willing to go back into the mountains and see if you can find any more of them?
- Leave it to me!
- Stevens: Really? Thank you ever so much!
- Depends if there's treasure...
- Stevens: Haha, in terms of material wealth... I can't guarantee there will be.
- Stevens: But for helping me, I will make sure to provide you with compensation of a suitably material nature. A reward for your great contribution to academic research.
- Stevens: Based on what I'm reading here... The team investigated three sites in total.
- Stevens: One of them was where you found this — so that leaves two more.
- Stevens: Let me see... here, and... here. I've marked them out on your map.
- Stevens: Thank you for agreeing to this, and please be careful out there!
- (Upon approaching the "cellar in the southwestern ruins")
- Paimon: This is one of the locations mentioned by Stevens too.
- Paimon: Wow... This door's huge! Do you think the journal is somewhere around here?
- (Obtain Ancient Investigation Journal: Part I after opening the Exquisite Chest nearby)
- Paimon: This should be the journal we're looking for. Why is it here... Never mind, let's take a look!
- (Open the Exquisite Chest in the "secret chamber")
- Paimon: This should be the journal we're looking for. What's written inside? Paimon's curious!
- (Upon investigating the shelves in Starglow Cavern)
- Paimon: This should be the journal we're looking for. No time to waste, open it!
- (Return to Stevens after obtaining all three journals)
- About those journals...
- Stevens: You found the rest of them? Amazing! Here, let me take a look...
- Stevens: Hmm... Wow, my goodness... Wait, if this detail is correct...
- What have you found out?
- Stevens: Oh, uh... Sorry, I was lost in thought. Ahem.
- Stevens: Thank you, these investigation journals are of rather significant historical value. There is a serious dearth of detail on this topic in the existing literature, as all the available sources only make passing reference to some mysterious investigation team formed once by the aristocrats...
- Stevens: These journals you found will help fill in some major gaps in the historical record.
- Stevens: Now, we finally have answers to the questions of why so little information on the investigation appears elsewhere — and why nothing of relevance beyond the initial departure of the team is recorded in the annals.
- I think I understand what happened, too.
- Stevens: Yes, well... Although there are still a fair few minor details to straighten out, the overal picture is becoming very clear.
- Paimon: ...Paimon doesn't get it!
- Stevens: Well, all the evidence — or lack thereof — would suggest that not one member of the investigation returned to Mondstadt. But, these journals suggest there's a chance that one of them, called Eberhart, may have managed to escape...
- Stevens: Since there is no record of his return in Mondstadt, however... The million-Mora question is: Where did he go?
- Stevens: Many other details need corroborating, too...
- Stevens: But without a doubt, this doesn't detract from how valuable these are as historical sources.
- Stevens: I am most grateful to you. Please take this for your trouble.
- Stevens: Any other books you find while out exploring the mountains, I'd be much obliged if you could bring them to me on your return.
- Stevens: Eberhart... Where did you go...
Released in Version 1.2